Tuesday 1 December 2009

Loving in the Winter


I've always loved this track, but for various reasons I'm particularly enjoying it at the minute.

It's a triumphant blues number, for those of you who don't know, as well as being the last song Barrett did with Pink Floyd.

I think the lyrics are very revealing if you look at what he was going through at the time. He couldn't have stayed with the group the way they were heading, especially since everyone thought he'd gone mad. I think his message comes through very clearly.

A very misunderstood anti-rockstar rockstar was Syd Barrett, modest and unegostistical. And I love him.

This particular video's got some great old Syd and the band footage on it. Which is always nice.

What exactly is a dream? And what exactly is a joke?

Thought provoking stuff. Beautifully sung explorations of the mind and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit