Thursday 3 June 2010

War In The Ghetto


It's all a bit nuts in Jamaica at the moment, with the death toll in and around Tivoli Gardens (important dancehall centre, and home of the Passa Passa parties) now climbing up to over 70 dead, and many more wounded as the hunt for Coke continues.

This being no time for the usual Gun Talk tunes that I whack up on here, I thought I'd put a nice new conscious one from the teacher up, which recently got a 7" pressing on the occasionally very excellent Tads.

My thoughts go out to the friends and relatives of those caught up in the violence.


'
Police and Thieves, in the streets
Scaring the nation with their guns and ammunition

All the crimes committed day by day

No one try to stop it in any way

All the peacemakers turn war officers
.
Hear what I say...'
1976


'
Tribal War;
Tell ya that a serious something.
'
1977?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit